Edgar Perez, Author, The Speed Traders, and Course Director, The Speed Traders Workshop, Proudly Introduces Knightmare on Wall Street, The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets, a Behind-the-scenes Look at Knight Capital’s 17 years of Tumultuous Existence as an Independent Company.
New York City, NY, USA (August 12, 2013) — Edgar Perez, the celebrated author of The Speed Traders, follows in its tradition of stellar shows with the release of Knightmare on Wall Street, The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets, exclusively available at http://www.KnightmareonWallStreet.com, book that provides a thrilling minute-by-minute account of the terrifying hours following their August 1, 2012 trading debacle, with news-breaking research regarding Knight Capital’s 17 years of tumultuous existence as an independent company.
Knightmare on Wall Street’s rich cast of characters includes the founders, the management team throughout the years and the team at the time of their August 1, 2012, trading debacle.
* Walter Raquet, Executive Vice President, the genius behind Knight’s trailblazing idea
* Kenneth Pasternak, Chief Executive Officer, the ultimate trader that led through Knight’s initial years
* Steven Steinman, Founder, Trimark Group
* Robert Lazarowitz, Chief Operating Officer, Trimark Group
Management Throughout The First Years
* John Hewitt, President, Knight Securities
* Peter Hajas, Chief Executive Officer, Arbitrade, and later Chief Executive Officer of Knight Financial Products
* Robert Turner, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Treasurer and Director
* Irv Kessler and Efi Gildor, Co-founders, Arbitrade, acquired by Knight
* David Shpilberg, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
* Diego Baez, Senior Vice President, Electronic Trading
* Anthony Sanfilippo, President and Chief Executive Officer of Knight Capital Markets, and later interim Chief Executive Officer
* John Leighton, Head of Institutional Trading
* Robert Stellato, Head of Institutional Trading and former leader of the NASDAQ sales team at Goldman Sachs
Management when the trading incident happened
* Thomas Joyce, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
* Steven Sadoff, Executive Vice President, Global Head of Operations, Services, and Technology
* George Sohos, Head of the Electronic Trading Group (ETG)
* Joseph Wald, former EdgeTrade’s Chief Executive Officer, Head of Institutional Electronic Trade Execution Services
* Kara Fitzsimmons, Managing Director of Media Relations
* Meaghan Mullins, Managing Director, Electronic Services, global voice and electronic access products
* Tara Muller, Managing Director, Electronic Trading, Knight Link
* Erica Attonito, Managing Director, Knight Link and Knight Match
The Technology Team
* Michael Strashnov, Managing Director
* Milind Deshpande, Director
* Kok Sang, Director and SMARS leader; ultimately, directly responsible for the August 1 glitch
Perez is widely regarded as the preeminent global expert in the specialized area of high-frequency trading. He is author of The Speed Traders, An Insider’s Look at the New High-Frequency Trading Phenomenon That is Transforming the Investing World, published in English by McGraw-Hill Inc. (2011), published in Mandarin by China Financial Publishing House (2012), and Investasi Super Kilat: Pandangan Orang dalam tentang Fenomena Baru Frekuensi Tinggi yang Mentransformasi Dunia Investasi, published in Bahasa Indonesia by Kompas Gramedia (2012). Perez is course director of The Speed Traders Workshop, How High Frequency Traders Leverage Profitable Strategies to Find Alpha in Equities, Options, Futures and FX (Hong Kong, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Warsaw, Kiev, New York, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai). He contributes to The New York Times and China’s International Finance News and Sina Finance.
Media Relations Coordinator
Knightmare on Wall Street